A. Age groups with qualification rounds
For all age groups with a large number of registered teams (e.g. more than 80) the following game mode applies:
The teams won’t play in self-selected subdivisions (High/Low) anymore, but will have an extra qualification round in the beginning. This will be followed by group games and play-off games.
1. All teams of the same age group will be put into groups of 4 or 5 teams and will play a qualification round within the first two days (3 or 4 games per team).
2. All teams that reach the first or the second place in their group (in some age groups also best of third-placed teams - BO3rd) will be put together in a class „high“ in groups of three teams. The teams play against each other (max. 2 games on the third day) and the team that reaches first place (winner of the group) will continue to the play-offs on the 4th day. The final game will be played on the 5th day.
3. All teams that did not achieve the class „high“(places 3, 4, 5 of the qualification round) will continue to play in a class „low“ with games on the 3rd and the 4th day. There won’t be an extra play-off round in class "low".
B. Age groups without Qualification round
For all other age groups with fewer registered teams the following game mode applies:
1. Teams will be put into groups of 4 or 5 and will play against each other.
2. All teams that reach the first or the second place in their group (in some age groups also the best of third-placed teams - BO3rd) will continue to the play-offs.
C. Best of third-placed teams (BO3rd)
In some age groups a certain number of the best of third placed teams will continue to play in the play-offs. The ranking of these - the best of third-placed teams - is based on the score ratio (i.e. score made divided by score received) of the games vs. the first & second team in the group.
Points and Ranking
The league table ranking is calculated according to the following system:
The ranking occurs on the basis of the FIBA rules:
Ranking according to league table points
- If two or more teams are even on points, the points from the games of the teams against each other are only calculated for ranking.
- If teams are still equal in points, the score ratio (i.e. score made divided by score received) of the games of the teams against each other is calculated for ranking
- If teams are still equal, the score ratio of all games is calculated for ranking.
- If teams are still equal, the score made from all games is used for ranking.
- If teams are still equal, the ranking is decided by drawing lots.
The game will be rated 2:0 if the opponent team does not show up until 3 minutes before the game officially starts.
„Sudden Death“ will be played within the pre-rounds. This means that the first team that scores wins the game. The overtime starts with a jump ball. After the first round overtimes will replace the “Sudden Death” until one team wins the game and they (each of them) will last 2 minutes.